The company taking part in our virtual event in December 2022 is:
Gardener’s Supply Company – www.gardeners.com
Established in 1983, Gardener’s Supply Company is one of the leading US omni channel companies, specialising in the garden sector. They operate a nationwide printed mail-order catalogue, with around 14 drops per year. They started selling over the internet as early as 1994 and launched their www.gardeners.com on-line store in 1998. Headquartered in Vermont, where they have a large distribution centre, Gardener’s Supply employs around 300 people and is 100% employee-owned.
Gardener’s Supply also operates four full-service garden centres. Two are located in the company’s home state, in Burlington (opened 1989) and Williston (opened 2008 and the largest in Vermont). In 2018, they opened their third in Lebanon in the neighbouring state of New Hampshire, and in 2020 they acquired a long-established garden centre in Hadley, Massachusetts.
Gardener’s Supply buyers are regular visitors to Glee, spoga+gafa and the US’s National Hardware Show. They source from a number of UK companies as well as from the Far East and other parts of the world. They also produce a range of their own problem-solving garden items.
Gardener’s Supply Company’s range includes all types of practical gardening equipment and accessories, wild-bird/wildlife items, garden decoration, outdoor leisure and much more.
Three Gardener’s Supply buyers are taking part on separate days. They each handle different aspects of the Gardener’s Supply range, as shown below. All are looking for further new and innovative products within these product areas. When applying, please indicate which buyer you would like to meet: A, B or C.
Buyer A – Wednesday 7 December 14:00-17:00 (UK time):
• Seed starting/propagation except for soils
• Structures and plant supports – arches, trellising, fencing, decorative edging, tomato cages other veg cages and flower supports
• Season extending – anything that prolongs the growing season, plant protection
• Miscellaneous accessories – plant ties, cable systems, markers, earth staples, table top and low floor pot stands (taller ones handled by Buyer C)
• 6” cachepots for partnering with amaryllis bulbs.
Buyer B – Tuesday 13 December 14:00-17:00 (UK time):
• Raised beds, elevated planters, and pots/containers
• Potting mixes and fertilisers
• Backyard habitat – birds, butterflies, pollinators
Buyer C – Wednesday 14 December 14:00-17:00 (UK time):
• Landscape – mulches, edging, walkways/stepping stones
• Clothing – gardening/work gloves, hats, tool bags
• Furniture – outdoor furniture or plant stands
• Household helpers – boot trays/door mats, harvest keeping, canning/pickling
• Watering – hoses/irrigation, hose organisation, watering cans, water butts
• Tools – garden tools, power tools, carts and gathering
• Outdoor Décor – lighting, decorative stakes, statuary, wind chimes